:

ALASKA CALENDAR GIRLS : A GROUP OF FRIENDS WHO QUILT & CREATE ART

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Encouragement

Wahoo!! I finally figured out why I couldn't post! (Helps to use the right email address apparently!).  Now, perhaps I will drag out my notes from the last couple meetings and post them. Seriously, I can't think when it's too hot inside the house. Maybe I just need to go outside??

Anyway, just a few comments about my June inspiration for the word 'encouragement'. Thinking about who would need some encouragement wasn't difficult after the disastrous fire in Arizona claimed the lives of 19 firefighters near Yarnell, Arizona.  My journal pieces are going to be smaller in size. I embroidered a block with Arizona and a cactus, then embellished the cactus with 19 Swarovski crystals. The block is actually a pocket as well, that contains the names and ages of the firefighters.

If Wishes Wore Wings, these wishes would wing their way to the hearts of each affected family and friend of these heroes who gave their lives.

Now, to figure out how to get the picture posted is my next challenge! Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment