Building the house has taken most of our time and energy. When the challenge was issued I was busy painting all the walls/ceilings with three coats of paint so I decided that my first Journal page would reflect my current activity…PAINT. I had some batting samples from the May guild meeting and my first attempt for Rena’s President quilt block which did not have enough contrast.
I painted two of the batting samples and got two different results. One is muted and has more of a felt look. I had seen where someone had painted a quilt top because they did not like the colors. I cut the block in half and painted one side on the front, the other on the back. I really like the texture of the back side. A friend always said, we own both sides of the fabric and I assume that goes for quilt blocks as well. I do wish I had used a small foam roller and just hit the high spots. Something to try next time!
I have decided that my Journal pages will be 8.5 X 11 and I would mount the month’s project within that space. I suspect most of my pages will be unfinished objects as I hope to use this challenge as a collection of ideas or techniques to further explore.
Thank you for including me in this challenge. I look forward to seeing a great variety of projects.